Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Uncompressor


I have been looking for an app to unlock a rar file. The PlayBook can unzip a zip file, but not a rar. I go to App World and input rar in search and all I would get are magna readers that say it could do it, but the reviews don't really talk about rar files. But in reading the BlackBerry PlayBook forums in CrackBerry,  someone mentioned Uncompressor.

If you use rar as your search in App World, Uncompressor shows up. It cost me $0.99 + tax. The reviews were mixed, almost half said it was great, the other half said it didn't. It looks like a native app, as compared to an Android app ported over to the PlayBook. Jesus Iglesias is the author and he has a website for his app at xApps.es.

In reading his website, I have gleamed that Uncompressor cannot extract rar files that are password protected. It also will not extract multifile rar archives at this time. Hopefully this will be rectified, but not a big deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment