Translate

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Monoprice 8319 Black and White

I lost my Sony earphones, so when the package from Monoprice came the other day, I rushed to open the box and grab an earphone. The 8319 were was the ones I grabbed. Hi-Fi Premium Noise Isolating Earphones - Black & White. Hi-Fi I get. Premium? Don't get me wrong, they are good headphones, but, premium, no. As for noise isolating, that comes sticking the earbuds into the ear canal.

The plastic housing for the speakers look cheap. They come with one size earbuds, so hopefully they fit. I would guess they would take take earbuds you may have from other earphones, but I always lose them. The cord lenth is listed as 48"/ 1225 mm. The wire is covered in a nylon cloth, which doesn't tangle when you stuff them into your pocket. Some reviews mention that the cloth transmits noise as it rubs against your clothing, suggesting that they may not be good for jogging. The stereo jack is straight, I prefer L-shaped,  and is gold plated.

The sound is rather good. It has a nice warmth to the music. Bass is not booming. They are a loud headphone, I needed to lower the volume on the PlayBook, as compared to other headphones, I have used.  It's not audiophile headphones, but I payed $6.75 for them. With shipping. Worth at least $20. Sound like $50 headphones. But they do look cheap. So, if you don't mind the looks, they are a good deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment