Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Android Widget Rant


I will apologize now, sorry. What is so special about widgets for Android?  I just either don't understand what they are or its just me. I don't get their appeal. I know the clock/weather widget is interesting, but meh, I don't really need that. As long as I can see the time and date, I'm fine. Weather I can see with my eyes.

There was an article in TechRebublic that says "will make iPhone users jealous ". Yeah, I don't have an iPhone and it doesn't make me jealous.  One was something called "Power Contol" so a user can adjust brightness level, turn off and on wifi or bluetooth and other things. But I can do that on the PlayBook By swiping from the top right corner of the bezel, towards the bottom left and I can control those things.

I would gather, people enjoy customizing their Android devices, I believe it is one of the appeals of Android. But I guess I don't. I don't see how it would simplify my life, make it easier or more productive.

This is a screen capture in browser and browser after swipe from top right corner of bezel.



No comments:

Post a Comment