Translate

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why the Auvio over the Jambox

Got the Auvio Bluetooth Portable Speaker instead of the Jambox by Jambone because the Auvio cost only $39.99 for Black Friday at Radioshack.com. I am not standing in line for Black Friday, I have seen people standing in line since Sunday, at Best Buy. They do have the Jambox at Best Buy for $129 this Black Friday at Best Buy. Or you could get it online for the same price.

I have been reading reviews of the Jambox at Amazon. The bad reviews are too many to ignore. A lot has to do with sound quality, but I'm not expecting great sound quality from either unit. But also about customers service and the battery. So, for the price, I don't think the Jambox is worth it. It does play 10 hours per charge, the Auvio will play 6 hours per charge.

The Jambox is a looker. And it comes in colors, including red, my mother's favorite color. But I think the Auvio looks fine. And it is for my mom, and I don't think she could care less.

So with the Auvio at $40, I'm not expecting much. If I got the Jambox at $129, I would,d be expecting more.

YouTube clip for the Auvio Bluetooth Portable Speaker


2 comments:

  1. For the sale price at Radio Shack, it is a winner.
    I am still surprised that Jambox has been able to keep the price up for so long. In October, ATT stores had Jambox for $120, I was sure it was on it's way down. I figured Costco won't let ATT beat them on price, but they did!
    At our local Radio Shack in La Jolla, CA the sales staff was unaware of anything about bluetooth speakers, but a worker at another Radio Shack had tipped me off of the sales price on this unit-- charged it up last night and this morning sounds pretty good, not sure about how far you can take your iphone from the speaker, but this is for use in a convertible sports car. Next stop, out on the road...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this Auvio bluetooth speaker for $39 as well. Debated the Jawbone Jambox and a few iHome products, but couldn't resist the price, especially when they said I had 30 days to return it (planned on looking for good Cyber Monday deals, but didn't really come up with much).

    So far, I am happy. It isn't perfect, but in my condo I can hear it just about everywhere, and the quality is certainly acceptable. With bluetooth, you are going to compromise anyway. When I go upstairs, I just grab it and take it with me. I've been doing a bathroom remodel project, so it just goes in there with me, love the portability!

    I'm really excited to try it outside on the patio once the weather warms up again, and at the pool this summer. I'll probably use it for background music at a small Christmas gathering i'm hosting in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete