Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Need a new iPod

My iPod Touch is dying. It needs a new battery. Not really worth fixing, as it is under powered, the home button is damaged and the OS is old. Because it is on OS 3.1.3, many apps don't load onto the iPod Touch. But, not that I use the Touch for much more then audio and emails. I have my music and I download audio podcasts. I also like my email on the Touch. I don't get many emails, but I do have 6 active email accounts. On the iPod Touch, it is easy for me to scan the emails on it.

Apple, at their online store, has a refurbished 4th generation 8G iPod Touch for $129, for a limited time. It sounds like a good deal, but the 16G 4th generation is $199 new. A refurbished 32G is $179, but that is more then I want to spend.

On Craigslist, people ask for too much. Most asking prices are higher then the prices for the refurbished models at Apple. A 2nd generation 8G for $150. People have no clue. My current iPod Touch, I did get it from Craigslist for $50. Damaged Home button, you need to press it hard. The screen is scratched. But it worked for me.


I'm thinking that I should get a cheap Android phone. Not too cheap.  Must have at least Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) and be under $100. Black Friday is coming up, maybe I'll find a good one then.


No comments:

Post a Comment