Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wi-Drive by Kingston

I bought a 16GB PlayBook because I didn't know anybody with a PlayBook.  Wasn't sure if I would like it, what it could do. Now that I have used it for nine months, the biggest regret that I have is that I should have spent the extra $100 and got the 64GB model. Even the 32GB PlayBook would have been better at $250, then the 16GB at $200. Should have listened to Consumer Reports. But as much memory as you can afford.

In Canada, the USA and in the UK, prices of the PlayBook have gone down. Office Depot in the US have been selling the 64GB model for $200. Great deal, as I bought my 16GB for the same price. Was very tempted on getting one. But why? Mines has been very good to me. Very reliable. More memory would be better. I'm always filling my PlayBook with files.

My solution is the Kingston Wi-Dive. A USB flash drive, with built in wifi hotspot. 4 hour battery life. Available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models. There are apps available for iOS, Android, and the Kindle Fire for the Wi-Dive.  Otherwise a browser should do. But will it work on the PlayBook? We shall see. I just bought the 32GB from Amazon for $60. Very good price, as the 16GB goes for about $55.

No comments:

Post a Comment