Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

iPad mini wishlist

In my first blog, I posted this -


People say you can put a 7″ tablet in your pocket. Whose pocket are they talking about? I guess if I wore a jacket, but I don’t. The Playbook, to me, is just to big for a pocket. I also find the Playbook too heavy. 
1lb      Playbook
.9lb     Kindle Fire
.75lb   Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
If Apple could get the weight down to .66lb, I think that would be something. For most people, they could hold with one hand and not find the weight too tiring to hold for long periods of time.
Ah, I know. Battery life would not be as long. Motorola does have the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX, which points to how to satisfy people who want longer battery life. 
16 GB of internal storage is the minimum. 
Forward facing camera. Everybody wants Skype. 
Rear facing camera would be nice. 
________________________________________

If you have ever held a PlayBook or a Kindle Fire, it is really too heavy to hold in one hand for long periods of time. The Nexus 7 is lighter, but still too heavy.
Playbook           425g
Nexus 7              340g
iPad Mini          265g
If the rumored weight for the iPad Mini holds, it would be lighter then I had hoped. My wish would have been about 300g. Now if Apple priced this thing to move, they should have a winner. The screen resolution would need be as good as the Nexus 7, but will it be that important? The screen size will be bigger.
Here is a picture from 9to5Mac of what they think the iPad Mini would look like next to a Nexus 7. 



No comments:

Post a Comment