Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Me and My 16GB PlayBook

Don't get a 16G PlayBook

Received my PlayBook before Thanksgiving. Bought it from Buy.com. I bought the 16GB model, as it was the cheapest, didn't know anybody with one, couldn't tell if I would like it, and was not sure what video formats it would play. Main reason to buy the PB was to watch videos.

I love the PlayBook. To play videos. But the problem has turned out that I got a 16GB PlayBook. As I don't like streaming videos, I download videos to my PB. 16GB is not enough. The PlayBook can output thru HDMI, 1080p video and that can be a large file. I have seen some at 6GB. As as of now, as you can't expand memory, buy as much as you can afford. If you can get the 32GB, go for it.  You'll not regret it. 64GB is better. This would also apply to the iPad, iPod Touch and the Nexus 7. iPod Touch is a little different in that video files will be smaller. But I would put more songs on it. Nexus 7 has 8GB and 16GB. I would think the 8GB would be worthless.

I still have an iPod Touch 1st generation, 16G. I leave my music on that, more portable. I also listen to podcast on it, so I don't need to use the PlayBook for audio listening. Depending how much music someone loads up, it can take pressure off needing more bytes on the PB.


No comments:

Post a Comment