Translate

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Using the Kingston Wi-Drive to Download

Really started using alot more. Mostly trying to figure out the best way of using it for a trip. I have streamed from the Wi-Drive to the PlayBook. It works fine, the Kingston does get warm. But you can't stream on a plane flight and stated battery life is only 4 hours. Can't say for sure how long battery life is, I have never tested mines. But I figured the best use would be to download the videos (or music) to the PlayBook.

To use the Wi-Dive on the PlayBook, you need to use the browser. Enter http://192.168.200.254/ into the browser, when you are connected to the Wi-Drive. It will stream any file that a PlayBook uses, but you can download that file. Using the PlayBook touch screen, touch and hold the file and up posted a menu and click "save link as". Downloading should begin. And it is pretty fast.

On the HTC One V, you can go to Google Play and download an app from Kingston, Wi-Drive. It will let you download from the app. I downloaded music to the One V. It was very simple.

In both devices , you do need to connect the wifi to the Wi-Drive's signal.

iOS devices also have an app in Apple's App Store. But that app will not download the files, I have read. I think, and I will try later, you could use a download manager to download the files. It would be like using the PlayBook, I would think. Use a browser. There are many download managers in the App Store.

Screen shot of PlayBook connected to Wi-Drive, trying to download a file.


No comments:

Post a Comment