Translate

Saturday, December 8, 2012

No Frigging Apps

Yes, there is a dearth of apps for the PlayBook. And the defenders of the BlackBerry PlayBook will tell you that there is the browser. That you could use the browser for many of the things you would want. And really, you can. But not for everything. Because the browser uses wifi.

As the new owner of a Android phone, that is not used as a phone, and having the sometimes use of a new iOS device, I have now come to see apps are needed. I was looking at Voxer, a walkie talkie app, that is available for Android and iOS devices. But it could work in a browser, as Voxer uses wifi. But there are other apps that use bluetooth instead. But the browser doesn't have access to the bluetooth, so I think an app would be necessary to use bluetooth for things like chatting, texting or sending files.

I thought it would be good for my friend, who has no phone, and me to text while he is working. I course, I would need to be close to use bluetooth. But I have run into a roadblock- no app seems to work with an Android device and an iOS device. Of course, none work the PlayBook. Oh the horrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment