Translate

Saturday, December 8, 2012

FedEx came at 7:30pm

My mother's iPad Mini came in the other day. Apple promised December 11 as the delivery date, but Apple always promise things and they get there earlier. When it shipped, they promised it by no later then 4:30pm on December 5th. But it came December 4th at 7:30pm. I knew it would be there before the 5th, but 7:30pm? FedEx must be laid off people, because if they are running this late now, Christmas maybe even later for them.

Setting up the iPad Mini was a breeze. No need for an iTunes account now, as one can be made during setup, which I could do over WiFi. The Blackberry PlayBook was also very easy to setup over WiFi.  I would always recommend having any device that you are setting up, to have it connected to a power source during the process. I have bricked a device before, because, I think, it had not fully downloaded everything it needed.

My first impressions of the ipad Mini is that it is light and fast, for the things my Mom will do with it. Easy to setup. In putting of telephone numbers was a pain, as I needed to redo the earlier ones to put country codes into the phone numbers (+1). FaceTime needed it. Colors seem nice. Only real fault at this time is, in portrait mode, the words can be fuzzy and not sharp. Battery life has been excellent.

Was it a good choice for my mother? Definitely yes. All of her grandchildren have an iOS device, with whom she can now FaceTime with. FaceTime has worked for her right after setup and in putting the phone numbers or email address, for the iPod Touches and iPads. It has a bigger screen for her to read with and play her games. Solitaire. But now she complains because she has not been winning alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment