Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

I Hate Facebook

Facebook. Love it. Hate it. Facebook has a place in my life. It is a way to keep up with people who I don't have constant contact with. I can see when someone gets a new job. When they have problems. See pictures of people, who I can't see because they live 3,000 miles away. Those things I like. And I don't mean Facebook 'Like'.

I don't like when I see and get all those game request. Or even those game statistics. Farmville. Bejewel. I don't care if people play those things, but why do I have to know. People love to share.  But yet, I don't want to know.

Facebook also seems to not be up to date with information. I can't explain, but it does seem to be wrong on my profile sometimes. I seemed to have 'Like'ed somethings, but it never showed that I 'Like'ed anything on my page. So, if those Like threads would show up, I would write nasty comments. After 2 months, those Like showed up in my profile, so I was able to delete the Like.

I bring this up, as there is an upcoming event for someone I don't know, for something I would never go to and somewhere that is 3,000 miles away, on my page. It should not be on my page. Facebook is irritating. But, there is nothing that can match it at this time.

Everybody is on Facebook,  that is Facebook's strength. But with the poor privacy policies, it is vulnerable to people searching for an alternative. There is none on the horizon, but look at MySpace. Once the giant, but now, forgotten.

Tip about friend requests. If there is someone who friend request you and you don't really want them- just add them. Then later, defriend them. Most people would never know. But then, maybe Facebook would not update your friends and they will still be on your friend list.

I hate Facebook. But I still won't join Google +.

No comments:

Post a Comment