Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Micro USB Port

My greatest fear for my PlayBook is damaging the micro USB port. A couple of times, I have tried to insert the connection backwards. In CrackBerry.com, you see people discuss how their ports are now damaged. I believe many of the charging problems people have with the PlayBook is due to damage to the port. It may by due to the quality of the component, but that would be I guess on my part.

Apple's new Lightning Connector, is a way for them to conform to an edict from the European Union, that all cell phones use a micro USB input for charging. People are complaining about the Lightning Connector and why Apple didn't use a micro USB instead. But there is a lot to like about the connector being reversible. Too bad RIM doesn't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment