Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blog Blog Blog

Came across an article from CNET, but before I give you the link I wanted to say this - I can't confirm if this story is true. I know they have the one source, can't say if the have another.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57505050-93/samsung-to-bloggers-promote-our-products-at-ifa-or-walk-home/

I won't say I believe this story to be true. And this is Samsung India, which I can't confirm is a subsidiary of Samsung Group. The gist of the article is that Samsung India paid for some bloggers from India to fly to Germany to attend IFA 2012, a trade show. Read the article for more details.

When you read reviews of products, you must realize that it is of models, picked out by the manufactures to not have any flaws. A good review would buy one at retail like any consumer. Would I accept a free flight and hotel to attend a trade show? Yes. But I hope that I would tell you I accepted a free trip. As long as the reader knows, let the readers make up their minds if it is correct behavior. And if Amazon wished to send me a Kindle Fire 2 to review, yes please. Apple, I want to attend the iPad Mini launch.

After reading the CNET article again, I found they have the link for the original story, I think. I will post it below. One more thing. I think companies give bloggers free things all the time, not just Samsung India. Readers have the right to know.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/09/02/heres-samsung-flew-bloggers-halfway-around-world-threatened-leave/

No comments:

Post a Comment