Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nexus 7 Screen Problems

For me, the most important thing about a 7" tablet is the screen. A 7" tablet is a media consumption device. For me mostly video. That is why I have been paying attention to what people are saying about the screen. While everyone talks about the pixel density, people forget about color saturation or gray scales.

I had use of an early Kindle Fire and it seemed the screen was faded. My friend's Nook Tablet's screen was much better. That was not a side by side comparison. It was just me looking at the screen with no other reference screen. I have not seen the screen on the Nexus 7. But I have seen reviews that have said the screen was too dim. Now, a reviewer is saying while the screen on the Nexus 7 has many very good points, the gray scale is lacking. For me, it would be a reason not to get a Nexus 7 at this time.

So Mashable did a side by side of the Nexus 7 and a Samsung Galaxy 7 Tab 2. It is noticeable. Hopefully, it is fixable thru an update. If not, buyer beware.

Mashable Nexus 7 Display

No comments:

Post a Comment