Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GPS GPS

So now I'm home. I've been trying GPSInfo at my house for about five minutes. It just cannot get a lock on my location. There are some very tall trees in my neighbor's yard. A mountain range beyond that. And my lot is one of the lower points in the neighborhood. It must be my location.

On CrackBerry.com, people have complaints about the GPS. One of them is that it takes a long time to get your location. I thought I was one of them. But when I was able to get my location in a few minutes, I was surprised. The GPS was not as bad as people made it out to be, as long as you have a clear line of sight to the satellites. Which they say should being the southern skies.

GPSInfo is in App World for free. It doesn't need wifi to work.

Now I must admit, don't have a need for GPS. I live on a rock. 44 miles by 30 miles. Two mountain ranges. How you would get lost is beyond me. You go towards the mountain or you go towards the sea. Or you hug the coastline. It's not that hard. When people give you directions, they tell you to go towards something. It's quaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment