Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nook Good

I really like the Nook HD +.  A 9 inch screen that is beautiful to look at. For my taste, I like the colors of the LCD screen. With a pixel density of 256 pixels per inch, reading is a joy. Words are well formed on the screen. Reading from a e-ink is thought to be easier on the eyes though.

Watching videos on the PlayBook is nice. But the videos I watch on the PlayBook look good on the Nook HD +. But those videos are not 720p or even 1080p videos. Playing a 720p video on the PlayBook look fine, but on the Nook, it is great. Only problem is the size of the videos for 720p are larger. 1080p is even worse. Good thing I bought the 32GB version of the Nook. And the Nook HD (7 and 9 inch models) accept up to a 64GB micro SD cards.

The Nook HD + weighs 515 g  (18.2 oz). As compared to the PlayBook, which weighs 425 g (14.99 oz). The Nook, while heavier, feels more comfortable in my hands. The bigger size evens out the weight better for me to hold for longer periods. The iPad 3 or 4 is heavier ( 652 g/ 23.04 oz), but has a bigger screen with a higher pixel density. I would also assume the iPad has better battery life. I really can't say how good the battery life is on the Nook HD + , as I have not tested it, but most reviews give it about 9 hours.

The Nook has no cameras or GPS. It uses a proprietary cable for charging. It has a HDMI out, again using a proprietary connection. It operating system is Android 4.0, not the latest.

But I really wanted to just for video, so I'm very happy. At $149.99 for 16GB version, USA, It is a great deal. Maybe not for everyone, but I'm happy. So happy I brought one for my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment